BEST. JOB. EVER.

  • Friday, February 10, 2012

  • This opportunity might be the best job I have ever had!

    Now, I do know a thing or two about jobs. High school farmhand. Gas station attendant. Factory line supervisor. Grocery department manager. Shopping mall custodian. Lighting technician (actually, just had security clearance in an aeronautic design center to go in and change fluorescent light bulbs J). Homebuilder. Floor covering installer. Youth pastor. Preacher. Youth pastor. Shepherd. As I said, I DO know a thing or two about jobs!

    But THIS job sounds like a dream come true. I would be entrusted with the material assets of a great estate. I would have the freedom to manage those as I deemed to be the best. My task would be to distribute those resources in a manner that would cause them to increase while leaving a lasting impact through their usage. It was a heavier thing than simply keeping the stuff together. Investment for impact and increase was the goal. But to sweeten the offer even more, I would be given the complete freedom of setting my own salary! I could designate whatever portion of the owner's assets, I considered to be appropriate, to provide myself and my family a nice living wage. Now, isn't that the best job ever?



    To Job He expressed it this way: "Everything under heaven belongs to Me." Job 41:11

    From David it is described in this way: "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O Lord, and You exalt Yourself as head over all… All this abundance that we have provided to build a house for Your holy name, it is from Your hand, and all is Yours." 1 Chronicles 29:11,16

    And with this career opportunity comes some very simple directives:
    1)   Don't view this investment responsibility as a burden but embrace it as a privilege. 2 Cor. 8:2
    2)   Before you give what is in your hand, be sure you have given your hand. 2 Cor. 8:5
    3)   Make your investments for Him only out of what He has first given to you. 2 Cor. 8:12
    4)   Distribute His wealth wisely and thoughtfully. 2 Cor. 8:16ff
    5)   Do your resource management in a way that is encouraging to others but never in a manner of flamboyant display. 2 Cor.9:2
    6)   Break the cultural rules… Experience firsthand the unalterable laws of nature: Give generously and you will receive liberally 2 Cor. 9:6,10

    I will never discover the joy of true contentment as the manager of God's resources until I begin to comprehend just a tidbit of His indescribable and inexpressible gift of grace. 2 Cor. 9:15
    This opportunity might be the best job I have ever had! But come to think of it, this job might turn out to be the weightiest assignment I have ever had…

    LIVE Generously, Church!

    Pastor Tom

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment